Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Getting Started


Well, this is it! Post number 1, a clean slate :)

I promise, our life together as blogger and reader will progress into something more enjoyable, and much more interesting but like how I used to start all journals or other things, I feel the need to explain myself. Sort of an introduction, if you know what I mean.
   My name is Elizabeth Lauren McGrath. I have SO many nicknames to the point just call me whatever first comes to mind. I've been called Ella, Liz, Lizzy, Beth, Elle, L, Bella, Beanie, Beans, Pookud--yeah, some of these... are just works of art. I'm fifteen years old and my birthday is the 19th of July, right before my eldest sister's which is July 20th :) I was her birthday present ^^. I love to draw, just like my dad used to, and I absolutely adore Art. And I mean all kinds of drawn art; charcoal, graphite, acrylic paints, oils, HB pencils, pens, crayons--you name it. And stuff like sculptures, pixel art, and pretty much anything creative. I like architecture, gardening, engineering and building. And long walks on the beach.  I also love writing, which is a hobby I got from my mom. She was a published editor for Muse it Up Publishing© and was pretty much epic with it.

   Oh let me mention, my mother died this past July after twelve years straight of cancer. She was a three time survivor, and was aiming to live until my eighteenth birthday but, things happened and it fell three years short. I can say for sure, I'll be posting a lot about grief, because in reality it's become a really big part of my life. It affects you in weird ways that I'd be happy to get out of my system if you're willing to tolerate it. Also, because of this past, I've had trouble opening up. So I will probably be more open than usually if you were talking to me in real life, because talking like this in writing to an unknown reader helps me get over that fear or whatever it is.

    One more note on this subject, viewer's discretion is advised. Cancer tends to be a bit graphic. I'll probably start these kinds of posts off with a note saying it might be a bit detailed, but I'll keep it down to a minimum. I seem to forget that not everyone has dealt with a gaping hole in their parents neck. Also I guess one of the purposes that I aim to achieve with this blog is to educate my friends. Because I've had kids say "What's grief?" to me flat out. And I understand no one has gone through what I have, no one can fully understand, but doesn't mean I can't try to explain it. So this is also to educate you on how to deal with someone who lost someone very close. And how to deal with me. But, this doesn't mean this entire blog is gunna be depressing and gruesome. We can have fun along the way, like History Night at my homeschooling group is coming up :) Pictures and videos! Woohoo!

   That reminds me; expect lot's of vlog posts and pictures. I love taking pictures and such, and it's easier for me to speak than to type sometimes about certain subject. I just hope that this will deepen your understanding and you might get to know me better. Hear my opinions and my advice and life.

   We'll see what happens :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a wonderful first post, Elizabeth! You're an excellent writer, definitely your mother's daughter!

    I wish I had known your mom longer. She helped me get my first book published and was one of the most insightful people I've ever known. I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, what a wonderful write you are. I hope this blog helps you heal and in so doing I know you will help others also. What a wonderful tribute to your mom. Thanks for letting me share in your blog
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! :D really means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. in reality i do the same thing :D play minecraft... great writing, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please nothing inappropriate, disrespectful, or spam related. Thanks guys! :)